- I have been through the rectal thermometers and let's face it, those aren't a pleasant experience for any parties involved.
- I have been through the ear thermometers and when an earache is present, you can FORGET getting a temperature with this method.
- I have been through the underarm method and to be honest, my math skills during a high pressure moment of concentration are minimal, so having to add the .9 degrees (or whatever it is) is completely ridiculous. (and the pediatricians hate this one...lol)
So when I was asked to review the new Exergen Temporal Scanner, I was a bit skeptical at first, but then thought, "What the heck...I'm sure I've used worse...so, what can it hurt?"
"The TemporalScanner Thermometer is a totally non-invasive system with advanced infrared technology providing maximum ease of use with quick, consistently accurate measurements. Advanced, patented technology measures temperatures with a gentle stroke across the forehead.The TemporalScanner Thermometer has been clinically tested for accuracy compared to rectal thermometers and temperature sensors inserted in the heart during course of patient treatment and accepted for use in major hospitals, making it the ideal thermometer for use with newborns, infants, children or adults." - Exergen.com
Finally! There is a super easy method to taking an accurate temperature! I love this product! I haven't had an opportunity to use it during a "sick" moment (thank goodness!), but I know that when the time comes, I will definitely be prepared to focus on taking care of my sick babies instead of worrying about the stress of fighting for an accurate temperature. It was also really easy to store and clean. This would make a great gift idea for any new parent.
They are a bit expensive at a retail price of 59.99, but for a limited time they are offering a $5.00 mail-in-rebate available HERE. You can purchase an Exergen Temporal Scanner at the following locations: Walgreens, Walmart, Babies R Us and several other local and online locations.
The people at Exergen are generously offering one lucky Pink & Posh reader a Temporal Scanner of their very own. To enter this contest, simply leave me a comment telling me a time when you could have used one.
EXTRA ENTRIES (optional):
- Tell me in a separate comment that you are a blogger follower.
- Tell me in a separate comment that you have signed up for email updates.
- Tell me in a separate comment that you have my button on your blog/site.
- Tell me in a separate comment that you tweeted or blogged about this contest (and leave me the link.)
This giveaway will run through midnight on June 4, 2009 with winners being announced on June 5, 2009. Winners will be chosen using Random.org. Winners will have 48 hours to contact me before another winner is chosen. Must be 18 years or older to enter. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only