A Posh Getaway = A Pink Souvenir

Posted by Jeri Maxedon 2009-04-06
*** CONGRATULATIONS TO CONTEST WINNER, CAROLINE ALEXANDER ***

Well, as many of you have probably noticed by the overload of blog posts this week that, I am unfortunately back from my long weekend spontaneous rendezvous with my husband. Unfortunately because I could have stayed for much MUCH longer! I mentioned that we might drive toward Savannah, Georgia and that we weren't sure about any final destinations or lengths of stays. On Thursday we drove the short 3 hours to Savannah (in the pouring rain, I might add) and by the time we pulled into the historic distric, I was already in love! Needless to say, we ditched the idea of any further travel and booked our stay for the entire weekend in Savannah. I won't write a book, but here are some of the highlights of our trip:



THE LODGING





Well, first we booked a room for 2 nights in the Holiday Inn Express in mid town Savannah. We didn't expect the Ritz Carlton, but I was so surprised at just how modern and beautiful the rooms were! (they remodeled about 6 months ago... just for us, I'm sure!) After the 2 nights in a modern setting, I decided I wanted to stay somewhere a little more historic, so we booked out third and last night in The Mulberry Inn where the decor was something out of my Georgia history books but still the accommodations were very up to date. The rooms in both hotels were both a bit expensive if you ask me... But that's what we get for waiting until the last minute, I suppose.






THE FOOD



There is a huge variety of food in Savannah. We loved trying the local restaurants. Here is a list of the ones we tried.



As you can see, we didn't like everything, but that didn't stop us from trying it. I just love food that I don't have to cook...LOL!






THE FUN STUFF


Throughout the entire weekend, we basically walked everywhere. Which is ideal when there are so many bars and restaurants to visit. River Street was the place to be during the day and night while visiting the historic area of Savannah. There is SO much to do. We shopped, we walked. We ate, we walked. We drank, we walked. Then we shopped some more, and of course, more walking. We also signed up for one of the Ghost Tours on Friday night, which was really more funny than spooky. Unless you just have nothing else to do, I wouldn't really recommend wasting the money on it. On Saturday, my husband arranged for us to have lunch aboard one of the River Boat Cruises. This was so much fun (and tasty too!) Most of the many other hours we were in Savannah were spent lounging around lazily strolling through the beautiful historic district that Savannah has to offer and catching up on naps and "mommy & daddy" time...LOL.


I had so much fun during my quick little get-away to Savannah, but I certainly missed my own little blog world. So much so, that I even bought a cute little souvenir for one lucky reader of Pink & Posh. Now, don't think that by signing up for this contest that you will get a hugely expensive prize. This is really just a momento that shows that I was thinking of you while on my fabulous weekend trip. (and to be honest, I don't really expect many entries...LOL)


WIN A PINK SOUVENIR FROM SAVANNAH:


Just leave me a comment telling my why you read Pink & Posh as well as your favorite post thus far. I need to know that you love me as much as I love you...LOL!


EXTRA ENTRIES (optional):



  • Tell me in a separate comment that you are a blogger follower

  • Tell me in a separate comment that you have signed up for email updates

  • Tell me in a separate comment that you tweeted or blogged about this contest (and leave me the link.)

This giveaway will run through midnight on April 13, 2009 with winner being announced on April 14, 2009. Winner will be chosen using Random.org. Winner will have 48 hours to contact me before another winner is chosen. Must be 18 years or older to enter. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only.

15 comments

  1. Joy Lise Says:
  2. My favorite post is this one- I like the way you made a little list of where you stayed and where you ate- super cute!

     
  3. Joy Lise Says:
  4. I am a blogger follower :)

     
  5. Joy Lise Says:
  6. I do get e-mail updates :)

     
  7. I am a follower

     
  8. I get your newsletter

     
  9. My favorite post was about chocolate and shoes

     
  10. I am a new follower so I haven't read too many posts yet. I like the way you write though, informative and fun!

     
  11. follower

     
  12. tweeted it http://twitter.com/SaraMama/status/1470526328

     
  13. What a cute contest! I read and follow your blog because you are a fellow pink lover, and your posts are always interesting. I really do love this post in particular, because I love how you outlined your entire trip, pictures, ratings and all! Love it!

     
  14. warmfuzzies Says:
  15. We love Savanna! We have stayed at the Holiday Inn as well. It is nice. When we lived in New England we would drive to FL and we always made a stop in Savanna before entering FL. It is a gorgeous city and they do have so much to see and do. Doesn't Paula Dean come from there? :)

     
  16. warmfuzzies Says:
  17. OK I have to say I just found your blog last week and I do love it. I think this one is my faves of the blogs I have read of yours so far.

     
  18. warmfuzzies Says:
  19. I follow your blog. :)

     
  20. warmfuzzies Says:
  21. I do get the email updates. :)

     
  22. This is a hard one.I love all your posts. Not only for the fabulous giveaways, but for the imformation as to what is new. Your trip looked like a lot of fun!

     

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment on Pink & Posh! If you do not have a blog to link back to, please leave your email address in the comment.

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Facebook

Followers

Tweets